Sign up today!
Early bird special- sign up between now and Sept 30th for just $10 and be entered into ALL four categories.
Gun-Buck Prize: $200 Gift Certificate
Gun-Doe Prize: $100 Gift Certificate
Archery-Buck Prize: $100 Gift Certificate
Archery-Doe Prize: $100 Gift Certificate
New Antler Count Prizes:
$25 Johnson's Gift Certificate for the following:
Every deer on the scale wins a pick a prize item. Stop in to check them out!
1. All deer should be properly field dressed. Total chest cavity must be cleaned. Deer will be weighed in this condition only.
2. All deer will be weighed only at Johnson's Country Store, during regular store hours only.
3. In the event of equal weights, the first weighed will be given precedence.
4. Officials at Johnson's Country Store may advise as to proper dressing of deer. All decisions are final.
5. Tickets for Archery entries must be purchased by 8:00 pm, Thursday September 30, 2021. Entries will be weighed beginning Friday, October 1, 2021.
6. Tickets for shotgun entries must be purchased by 5:00pm, Friday, November 19, 2021. Entries will be weighed beginning Saturday, November 20th, 2021.
7. All deer entered must be legally tagged with the NYS Big Game Tag or with a NYS DMP Permit for the season of 2021 and taken in the Southern Zone.
8. All prizes will be mailed no sooner than January 3rd, 2021.
9. A $10.00 registration fee is required. If registered before opening day of Archery, this registration fee will cover both Archery and Shotgun entries. Beginning opening day of Shotgun, the registration fee will cover Shotgun categories only.
10. Prizes are given in four divisions: Biggest Archery Buck, Biggest Archery Doe, Biggest Gun Buck & Biggest Gun Doe. A Bonus Antler Count Prize has been added with winners to be awarded for 2pt, 4pt, 6pt, 8pt, 10pt, 12pt where weight will be used to determine any tie breakers
11. All sales tax are the responsibility of the winners.
12. Youths may enter all categories but must sign up by 5:00pm Saturday, October 9, 2021 in order to weigh in during the Youth Hunt. Deer taken with a gun during Oct 9th-11th, 2021 youth hunt will qualify for the buck and doe gun categories only.
13.Deer may be taken using a black powder gun. Deer taken with a black powder gun will be weighed January 2nd, 2022.
14. Deer may be taken using a crossbow. Deer taken using a crossbow will be weight in starting November 6thuntil January 2nd, 2022. All deer taken using a crossbow will be entered under the archery weigh in categories.
1st place: $50 Johnson's Gift Certificate
2nd place: $30 Johnson's Gift Certificate
3rd place: $20 Johnson's Gift Certificate
1. There will be a $5 entry fee.
2. Winner will be for the heaviest turkey (live weight)
3. In case of a tie, it will go to the longest beard. If still a tie, it will go to the longest spur.
4. All turkeys entered must be taken in NYS.
5. All turkeys will be weighed during store hours:
Monday-Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday 9am-6pm & Sunday 11am-5pm
From May 1st, 2018 - May 31st, 2018
6. All measurements will be made by Johnson's Country Store employees only.
7. You must sign up by April 30th, 2018 @ 9:00 pm.